Coughing, wheezing, and runny nose? Is it time to go buy a bottle of Benadryl for those pesky allergy symptoms, or could these be indicators of a much more severe problem? Symptoms of mold exposure can appear as nothing more than simple, everyday, allergy symptoms, but the long term effects could be much more severe, and in some cases even life threatening. Mold can exist virtually everywhere in both our indoor and outdoor environments, and because the symptoms of exposure appear as nothing more than allergies, it can be difficult to identify unless you are familiar with the other signs of mold growth.


At a first glance, mold exposure can appear as simple allergy symptoms. Red eyes, difficulty breathing, coughing and even headaches, are all symptoms that most people can experience due to a simple change of the seasons. These are also the same symptoms that most people will develop if they come into contact with mold spores. The levels of symptoms can, and often do, vary from individual to individual. Infants and elderly people are the most at risk to develop allergic reactions to mold spores, but anybody who has an immune system deficiency is more susceptible to the symptoms of mold exposure. These are not the only people that can have allergic reactions, but they are usually the first in a house hold that will develop the symptoms.


Due to the fact that symptoms to mold exposure so closely resemble normal allergies, it is important that you be familiar with the other signs of mold growth besides just the symptoms. If you have had any moisture build up or water damage prior to the onset of the symptoms, then that is usually a good indicator of mold growth since moist environments greatly accelerate the growth of mold spores. If you begin noticing a strong musty smell in the affected area, then you should definitely keep an eye open for physical signs of mold growth. A discoloration of the ceilings or walls in your home, or even a warping of the floor is usually a good sign of mold growth as well. This could be caused from simple water damage, but where there is water damage, mold is usually not far behind.


It is important to properly treat any mold that you have growing in your home to prevent bigger problems from developing in the future. If you simply bleach the affected area, but do not remove the mold in its entirety, you may still have an allergic reaction to the dead spores. Mold is not something that should be taken lightly, and if you are unsure about how to properly remove the mold, then contacting a certified professional is probably your best approach. It may be a bit pricy at times to have a professional remove the mold, but it’s a lot better than replacing an entire section of your home, or even worse, getting hospitalized. Getting a mold inspection early on could make all of the difference when dealing with mold!


NoniHerbal.com

Advertisements